03 April 2014
Ask the Adviser comes to Nottingham
The national, independent support organisation for family businesses, Families in Business (FiB), has confirmed that its unique speed dating concept events, Ask the Adviser, are taking to the road across the UK.
FiB has its headquarters in the West Midlands, and its CEO and founder Dani Saveker explained that feedback from the Ask the Adviser events so far has been ‘fantastic’, confirming the importance of running the events for family businesses across the UK
“Family businesses at our inaugural events in the West Midlands and the South West agreed the Ask the Adviser event concept is a time-efficient focused opportunity for them to gain succinct, impartial, relevant advice from advisers who have a tangible understanding of the unique challenges facing family businesses.
“The event is a little like speed dating, in that our family business guests can meet three or four advisers for a twenty-minute, one-to-one appointment. It is a fast-paced and specifically designed for busy family business owners, leaders and key team members.
“With our focus on providing support to family businesses across the country, our national Ask the Adviser programme means we will take the event to Cheshire, Yorkshire, Leicester and The Black Country; due to exceptional demand from local family businesses, we return to Newhall Hotel in the West Midlands on the 16th May, whilst the very next event is the 25th
April at Nottingham’s Carriage Hall in Plumtree, our inaugural Ask the Adviser in the East Midlands,” says Dani.
Guest speaker at the Nottingham event is John Massey, Chairman of manufacturer BM Catalysts, the reigning Midlands Family Business of the Year.
- The Wilson Organisation (Risk management and auto enrollment)
- Yorkshire Bank
- PKF Cooper Parry (accountants and tax experts - FIB Exclusive Partner)
- H R Protected (all things HR)
- Lesniak Swann (creative agency)
- Expense Reduction Analysts (procurement specialists)
- Cooper Parry Wealth (wealth management - FIB Exclusive Partner))
- Families in Business – membership, events, family business strategy and consulting, tools and coaching etc
- Sandler Training (sales and growth specialists)
- Nelsons (legal services)
- V Formation (marketing, PR)
- Pensionled Funding
- Part Time Executives (including part time FDs, marketing directors etc - FIB National Partner)
- Vistage International (CEO and senior team coaching and peer groups - FIB National Partner)
FiB’s Exclusive Partners in Birmingham Else Solicitors, and professional business advisory firms Smith Cooper and Barnett Ravenscroft Wealth Management (BRWM), will be at May’s Ask the Adviser in the West Midlands. FIB will continue the roll out into Yorkshire, the North West, Leicester and Black Country later this year.
Dani adds: “The Ask the Adviser events are specifically designed to create a fun, highly confidential and valuable environment for hard working members of family businesses. In one morning, family business owners and leaders can access the best possible advisers who understand and focus on the issues that can impact them as individuals, businesses and families. It is fast-paced, networking, specifically designed for busy family business owners, leaders and key team members.”